Natalia Kills - XOXO The Mag’s Dec/Jan Issue
photos by Mike Rosenthal
styling by Donald Hicks
Holy shit. Bringing the Cleopatra eyeline into the modern day in a fierce way! She’s gorgeous!
Her makeup is lovely~ also she just is beautiful so it must have been easy to do nice makeup~
I especially like her brows and the highlight/blush
I love the swoosh of her eyeliner~ also the scarf is gorgeous! I wonder if she adds the pins on or if they are part of it and you have to tie it right??
Prestage #7, Eva Hooft photographed by Duy Vo.
I don’t know about the shorts. I have seen too many “shorts” in Japan that are really just denim underwear. Sure she’s pulling it off but… I cannot.
Anwyay the rest of the outfit and the makeup and hair is lovely~~
Ohhh I like her! And she uses Paula’s :) It’s a cute look that focuses more on cheeks/lips than eyes. Which is something that I like to do more for really hot weather but I guess in Korea rain = hot and humid.
Things to keep in mind are:
Anyway~~~~ It’s a fun look and I’m totally going to go home and watch ALL her other ones. Well after my brow appointment ^^
Shout out to the baddest cats in town, the new kids on the block, the cult classics upon birth -»
I am in love. This new, cutting edge collection of makeup is already a cult brand in our eyes. Kristin had the privilege of sitting down to learn about it with the creators and make up artist James Vincent. They gave her the breakdown on ‘how to wear' + 'how it’s made’.
1. Everything is created to have a long wear - a punk cannot have their eyeliner run during a show, nor can a marketing gal running in between meetings.
2. This line was in development for years in order to perfect the formulas - and it shows - the colors and quality are some of the best we’ve seen.
3. Don’t be intimated by the rocker-eqsue vibes, this line is surprisingly user-friendly, so if you’re rocking out in pajamas in your bathroom with nary a You Tube tutorial in sight, you’ll be fine.
A few things that deserve a shout out:
1. Punker Worlds Baddest Eyeliner - Kristin uses this fatty marker everyday. It has the capability of outlining a (serious) cat eye, or discretely filling in your lash line. This Eyes Like Fire Shadow Paint is insane as well. Actually the entire Punker Smokey Eye Set is worth it.
2. MODSTER Super Charged Lip Color - Dark blue, hot pink, and orange.. not your every day lip flavors - all of which are created with a blend of different undertones so that they blend with any skin color. Yes even the orange, Kristin as witness.
3. AMERICANA Custom Coverage Concentrate - I am personally in love with this product. 4 products in 1. I love a super concentrated formula for blemish coverage, but I love a very, very light foundation coverage, so I blend with my favorite moisturizer of the week. This is also amazing as an undereye concealer.
Explore the entire line here: http://www.ardencyinn.com/estore
Products c/o the brand, Image: Rabat Magazine
- Kristin & Ann
AHHH OMG! I already have the really dark purple lip gloss. It’s fucking amazing.
I’m totally going to try the pencil liner next! I was just going to get my usual MUFE Aqua Eyes but it’s not super black and lately I’ve been noticing it doesn’t wear as long as I’d like.
- Isabella Rossellini as Alla Nazimova
- Tina Turner as Cleopatra
- Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis
- Gwenyth Paltrow as James Dean
- Gina Gershon as Sophia Loren
- Alex Peruzzi as Linda Evangelista
"Beauty is about perception, not about make-up. I think the beginning of all beauty is knowing and liking oneself. You can’t put on make-up, or dress yourself, or do you hair with any sort of fun or joy if you’re doing it from a position of correction. Makeup should be fun, not fascist."
Makeup should be fun, not fascist.