I really want the Illuminator.
Also I got the really red colour of those lip pencils for xmas [my mom is a nerd and bought the same colour twice and gave me one..] and they are really awesome, which you probably could have guessed since all NARS products are awesome ^^
My “I’m sick and don’t want to do anything but I have to go pick up my remicade” look~
Basically all black except the new $6 white T-shirt I got from F21 yesterday and my lips (Fast Ride - NARS)
NARS sent over info on their newest nail polish launch, inspired by Thakoon SS 2012 (which was easily one of the best shows NYFW had to offer last season).
- Anardana – Azalea pink
- Ratin Jot – Orchid purple
- Amchoor – Bright yellow
- Kutki – Powder blue
- Koliary – Cyan blue
- Lal Mirchi – Mandarin red (only available at the Bleecker St. Location)
Price: $18 Available May 1st on narscosmetics.com
I want all of them!!
NARS sent over info on their January releases, pretty interesting products, can’t wait to swatch in stores when I get the chance. Here are the deets:
- MAKEUP REMOVING WATER - $28 - Soap-free, oil-free, and alcohol-free, infused with cucumber, chamomile and hyaluronic acid, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and dermatologist and ophtamologist tested.
- DOUCE FRANCE EYESHADOW TRIO - Shimmery Icy Pink, shimmery rose-petal pink and matte deep rose.
- LHASA SINGLE EYESHADOW - Shimmery lavender gray.
- PARAMARIBO EYESHADOW DUO - metallic shades of brass and bronze.
- GAIETY BLUSH - Bright candy pink.
- MEXICAN ROSE VELVET GLOSS LIP PENCIL - hot pink.
- VALPARAISO PURE MATTE LIPSTICK - Rich raspberry, delivers long wear color.
- BILBAO LIPSTICK - smooth and conditioning lipstick in shimmering topaz.
- DARK RITE SHADOW PENCIL - navy blue, apply as base or as shadow alone.
- DIAMOND LIFE NAIL POLISH - metallic violet.
NARS on his new collection:
What’s unique about the collection?
“At first glance, all the pinks and shimmer can look very sweet and innocent, but actually there is a lot of bold and contrasting color—a gray-lavender eyeshadow, a navy blue Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, a hot pink lip color, for example—that make the collection edgier and more sophisticated than it may seem.”
oh I want it all!!!!
I would fucking die!!!! I want all of it!!!!!!!!!
I catch myself falling in love with certain shades all the time and then I realize that um, I have 7 versions of it, maybe in different finishes or whatever, but you know…. they’re the same product. Here’s a perfect example: NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in Schiap ($24 @ Sephora), right next to one of my favorites of 2011, Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Crush ($19 @ Sephora).
If I were to really examine them, I’d say Schiap is a teeny, tiny bit darker. It’s also matte, but I usually wear a gloss over it because if I don’t it’ll settle into my lip lines and look strange — it’s not a generous formula, one of the driest I’ve ever tried and I was considering returning it. But mattes are usually dry, and I can’t not love the color. I prefer Crush more, it goes on very smoothly and is more hydrating, and lasts much, much longer. I don’t have to reapply it throughout the day, it fades much nicer. Schiap needs to be re-applied after a cup of tea. It just kind of disappears, no stain, just….. evaporates.
I personally prefer Crush. What about you? Do you have another dupe of this shade? Which do you prefer?
Now adding this NARS lippy on to the ever growing list of lippies I MUST have. damn.
So this Sunday I had a big date. With my friend Nizhoni LOL~ We had plans to get a big fucking waffle at butterfingers and watch twilight.
First I stopped at Galleria department store to get my lovely new lippy~ I got Tanganyka which is described as a sheer neutral plum brown. Which pretty much sums it up. It looks amazing. It’s sheer so the colour is buildable which is nice and it isn’t drying and even after the glossy top layer goes away there is still colour left on the lips.
It’s my first NARS lippy and so far I’m highly pleased.
Anyway so then I met up with Nizhoni and we checked out every fucking makeup store in Gangnam lol~ I was also sorely tempted by a buy one get one sale on Chuck Taylor’s at a shoe store. I could have had a baby yellow pair and all black or maybe all black leather plus the classic blacks. *sigh* I hope they still have it on when I get paid!!! I needed to save my money to mail out all my christmas gifts. My friends and family better love their gifts >.<
Then we ate some yummy Japanese food. She has family who lives in Japan so she’s spent a lot of time there and we both agreed that we love Japanese food ^^
Then we headed to the best comedy of the year: Twilight - Breaking Dawn part 1. I was laughing so hard the girl next to me shushed me. But really, fuck off, if I think it’s funny I paid to watch it and I’ll fucking laugh! I wasn’t really being loud while laughing, just gasping for air. Edward was rocking the makeup look I’ve had to adopt this past while: nothing on the eyes [actually he probably had some e/s to darken them and make them look sleep deprived] with ruddy cheeks and dark matte red lips [not brick red, more of a rust that seems a bit natural] LOL. fucking twilight. So awkward.
All in all Sunday was a really good time~ I usually have a good time when I hang out with her so it wasn’t really a surprise ^^
Tonight I had that staff dinner and actually it was pretty fun. We went to Vapiannos or whatever the hell that Italian restaurant chain is. The one where you get a sort of swipe card and they charge everything you order on the card and then you pay up front. You have to get everything yourself. Good thing you don’t need to tip!! It’s the second time I’ve been to it and as usual it was delicious and I over ate like a lot. Because those old Korean women wouldn’t let me stop :( I was pleasantly surprised that they really made an effort to include me in the conversation and it was a really good time. Aside from HT telling me that at school I always seem sad [cause I’m not doing fucking backflips through the hallways, just merely walking to my destination to go do my work…] but when I’m out I seem more happy. blah blah blah. How she assumes my mood to be is her own problem. I smile, I say hello to everyone a gazzillion times a day and I do my job. I’m not a fucking entertainer and if she wants that she’ll have to hire someone else. That’s all besides the point because it was nice. And HT’s friend, who normally [especially last semester] seems to hate me [I heard she’s been going through menopause and that’s why she was so bitchy last semester] was really nice and I even hugged her goodbye ^^
Okay so I guessss Monday’s aren’t so bad. :D
A few things:
- I hate my head teacher, she is such a jerk. That sounds juvenile, and I know it does. But honestly, at the beginning of the year it was all “you don’t have to make lesson plans, it’s a waste of time”, then it was can you let me know what you’re doing before class [as her and her little but buddy mrs. Kim are the only teachers who can’t show up on time, allowing me to explain anything tricky to them before hand] so I sent them my ppt before classes on Mondays. Then she wanted lesson plans. I write them up, send them to everyone, no one reads them and she still doesn’t get what the fuck is going on in class. So now she wants both the lesson plans and the ppts and any and all materials … NOTHING WILL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU TWAT. She is too stupid for her own life. This woman wants to be a principal and she can’t even sit down and shut up for long enough to read a short lesson plan [as I’m pretty much just writing it for her and my co-teachers don’t really need to do anything in my class] and understand it. Not to mention EVERY god damn week she has to ask me to change at least 4 things about my plan. Most of the times the things she wants me to change are retarded. Such as in my lesson plans for grade three I have the goals as: memorizing the dialog, over and over. As that is what they are doing. I used to make it a fun class + the dialog but it wasn’t enough listening to the dialog over and over. So that’s what we do now, so that’s what I wrote down. NO ONE FUCKING READS THIS BUT HER… “I think you should change the goals to learning the key language”. Today she started telling me how I need to add in all these phrases from the text book for grade 2, AS I AM TRYING TO SEND HER THE MOTHERFUCKING ppt. Like I didn’t write them all down in the lesson plan as you get the fucking drift, it’s the phrases from the text, its ALWAYS the phrases from the text. I am not spending a great deal of time making lesson plans that exactly state everything that will happen in class and for exactly how long so no one can read it, I also tend to wing it once I am in class to see what works and in what order.
jeezus fucking christ on a cracker. I literally hide in the washroom sometimes, until I know I can go hide in the EZ. And then in the EZ I slink down on my chair and hide so she can’t find me there. From all the other teachers I invite some constructive criticism but you can’t converse with the woman, because she hears nothing you say, about why you may have put this or that in, or how to play this or that game, and then just rambles on about random shit that makes no sense for 40 minutes. I just can’t. I really don’t know how I can change my entire being to a person who is fake and nods and smiles. I am going to work on it this week, for the smooth sailing of my life, but dear baby christ, sometimes I just want her to be hit by a bus.
- On a positive note, I’m going to that Taj place for a friend’s bday dinner tonight ^^
- On a “I need a sugar daddy, or makeup fairy godmother or a fucking NARS makeup counter in this country” note I have made up the following wish list:
*Nico, Angelika, Luster, Orgasm OR Torrid, and Sex Appeal - I want all of these blushes, I will throw away all other non NARS blushes as they don’t last for shit in Korea’s humid weather. I would also consider [and have considered] buying a cream blush from MUFE, buttttt I am still unsure if I can properly blend it, and I’d need to buy one of those funky stippling brushes and I do want to but mostly I’m worried I wont blend right and I’ll look like bozo the clown.
* Falbala or Tanganyka, Shanghai Express Lippies again from NARS. I really want Shanghai Express as its a brighter red than the dark plummy red I have from YSL and this fall I think I want to play with red lips more, even though I am constantly stressing that it’s all over my teeth or face!!
*Some of the Esprique Mellow Forming Rouge lippies that I saw on Fuzkitties recent August reviews~ They look like the Dior lippies ~ I would take the Dior ones too ^^
*Lunasol three dimensional Eyes in 02. I think it looks beautiful and you get 8 colors in one palette. And since the palette’s run about 70 bucks or so that means it’s less than 10 bucks a color. I may have lost my mind!
Waaaahhh Even though I make good money, there is just never enough for all the makeup and clothes I want! Also when is my Victoria’s secret order coming, and and when is my mothers package coming. I think it’s been lost. Maybe they both have. I want them~